During 2022, Ghent employees participated in the following community service projects:
- United Way –United Way is a local, independent organization managed by people living and working in Warren County. They focus on helping the community with basic needs, workforce creation, childhood literacy/school readiness, senior citizens health and wellness, and community alliance funds. The United Way Campaign helps bring awareness to their impact within the county in addition to raising funds to support programs. 180 Employees raised $12,770 in November 2022 by participating in pledges and raffles for parking spaces and gift cards to support United Way located in Warren County, Ohio.
- Pinwheel Partner with the Child Advocacy Center of Warren County – 24 Gmi Employees donated $120 for Casual Ohio Wear Blue Day to mark National Child Abuse Prevention Month in April of 2022. Employees also donated a large supply of healthy snacks for families who come into the Child Advocacy Center located in Lebanon, OH.
- Warren County Children’s Services – Employees sponsored four children for the holidays through the Warren County Children Services located in Lebanon, Ohio.
- Crayons to Computers –Founded in 1997 and located in Cincinnati, Ohio, Crayons to Computers has worked to level the playing field in the classroom by providing students in need the tools to succeed in school. GMi/Ghent donated 1,800 Neon Markers (3 cases of 600 markers).
- Ergo Assessment with UC Students – The Workplace Exposure Assessment Team from UC had the opportunity to conduct an ergonomic assessment of Ghent’s facility in February 2022. They are always seeking avenues to gain hands-on experience in the practice of ergonomics.
- Local high schools in Warren County – We are working with local high schools in Warren County to provide high school students job shadow, internships and employment opportunities.